- What is User Generated Content Moderation?
- Why is User Generated Content Moderation so important?
- Benefits of User Generated Content Moderation?
The world as we know it is changing. The COVID-19 pandemic is having a huge impact on all aspects of life, from the way we work to the way we engage with friends and family. With social distancing measures being more strictly implemented around the world, many of us are turning to social media and user-generated content for news, entertainment and interaction with others.
Graphs showing increased social media use over the last 90 days for TikTok & Twitter.
What is User Generated Content Moderation?
User-generated content, also known as UGC or user-created content, consists of any form of content such as images, videos, text, or even audio, that has been posted by users on various online platforms. User-generated content moderation is the process of monitoring and controlling the content which is being produced from users to limit the amount of harmful content which appears online.
User-generated content moderation also helps with the spread of misinformation online which is becoming an increasingly popular issue amid the coronavirus outbreak. With many users taking to social media platforms to air their views and beliefs about the pandemic, it has led to the spread of false news stories and claims associated with the virus. Content moderation can help protect against the threat of misinformation and so much more…
Why is User Generated Content Moderation so important?
User generated content moderation is more important than ever. As illustrated above, there has been a huge drive in traffic over recent weeks to platforms populated with user-generated content, such as Twitter, Facebook, WhatApp, Instagram and Tiktok. User-generated content moderation can help protect subscribers from these current unprecedented levels of user generated content that the world is experiencing ensuring that online communities stay safe and the environments that they share remain positive for all.
Benefits of User Generated Content Moderation
UGC moderation can benefit your organisation in the following ways:
- Keeps people safe online from images, videos containing explicit content, helping to filter such content out.
- Prevents the spread of misinformation through monitoring text, video and audio which contain non-factual, misinformed content and propaganda.
- User-generated content moderation protects against the promotion of extremist agendas and reduces the threat of radicalisation online.
- Keeps the younger audience safe from harmful content which contains inappropriate content such as references to drugs and alcohol.
- User-generated content moderation can also reduce the exposure for young people of graphic content containing gore, violence, self-harm and other such horrific imagery.
How Image Analyzers AI Software can detect threats for your organisation
Image Analyzer offers industry-leading patented AI technology that can recognise threats across a plethora of online media such as imagery, video and streamed media. We specialise in all areas of user-generated content moderation. Our cutting-edge artificial intelligence is able to identify specific threat categories, delivering unparalleled accuracy, in a matter of milliseconds.
Our revolutionary AI technology can detect visual threats across the following categories:
Image Analyzer combines unrivalled functionality with simple integration. Vendors and platform owners can choose a deployment method that best suits their needs thanks to our Virtual Appliance, SaaS, Cloud Instances, API and SDK integrations.
Image Analyzer offers industry-leading user-generated content moderation software. We are a UK-based artificial intelligence company that specializes in visual content threat recognition. If you need help with protecting your online user-base, please get in touch with us on +44 (0) 870 041 1166 or firstname.lastname@example.org