The task of identifying illicit images and videos in either a criminal or civil investigation can be a very time-consuming process and is often like looking for a needle in a haystack. A single case can contain thousands or millions of images and videos, most of which may not be relevant to the investigation.
Even when reviewing images in a convenient thumbnail gallery a human can only view and assess a few thousand images per hour. For this reason, cases requiring image review require extensive time and are often put on the back burner, creating a backlog of cases which further compounds the challenge of resolving the cases.
Image Analyzer has collaborated with law enforcement agencies and built a Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) category that can detect previously unseen illegal image and video material, which maybe unknown to law enforcement.
Image Analyzer enables investigators to deploy computer vision AI to sort images based on risk scores. This allows investigators to significantly reduces the time to discover critical evidence, quickly identify recently generated material and potential new victims.
How does it work? Our technology analyzes and identifies specific visual threats in images, video and live streamed footage uploads with advanced artificial intelligence (AI) based computer vision technology. Each piece of content is given a risk probability score. This score can then be used by the IT team to quickly identify the high-risk material.
“Digital investigators must review an ever-growing body of information, and especially visual content. Technology is critical to help investigators parse through this information to find the evidence they need to prosecute criminals and protect victims. Our partnership with Image Analyzer will help ensure that investigators have the visual content management tools they need now, and in the future.” Chief Procurement Officer of an enterprise information management software and solutions company
Image Analyzer’s artificial intelligence-based content moderation technology for image, video and streaming media provides customers with a competitive differentiator and incremental revenue growth opportunities.
- Accelerates CSAM investigations by reducing time to discover evidence
- Reduces backlog of investigation cases
- Improves efficiency and productivity of IT teams
- Reduces corporate risk exposure related to an organization’s vicarious liability
- Supports internal audit and computer misuse investigations and can verify employee misconduct
- Protects moderators' mental health by filtering high risk scoring visuals, reducing the volume requiring moderation to nuanced content
- Advanced AI delivers high detection and near zero false positives
- Includes specialized forensic categories such as CSAM, Identification, Currency & Documents
- Identifies all image and video file types
- Data and evidence integrity are assured with our Embedded SDK option – no content is sent to the cloud
- Highly scalable to grow with increasing volumes without affecting performance